Amenities & Description
- Dining Room – Dining table seats 6.
- Kitchen – Double electric oven with grill, large ceramic hob with extractor, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, slow cooker and Tassimo coffee maker.
- Boot Room/Utility Room – Washing machine, tumble drier and Utility Sink.
- WC and hand basin.
- Lounge – Seating for 5, log burner, smart TV with free sat, DVD player and bluetooth CD/Dock.
- Hallway – Landline (emergency & incoming calls only) and free WiFi.
- Downstairs double bedroom – Standard double, TV with free sat and log burner.
- Double Bedroom – Standard double bed and hairdryer.
- Single Bedroom – Standard single bed.
- Shower Room – Double space rainfall shower, WC, basin and heated towel rail.
All linens, bathrobes, slippers, hotel toiletries, welcome Twining’s tea box containing specialty/fruit and everyday teas/instant coffee and Tassimo discs, electricity, oil central heating and initial basket of logs per burner.
Large private enclosed garden accessed from the boot room and dining room. Spacious patio area, outside dining table seating 6, rattan outdoor lounge furniture seating 5, BBQ/pizza oven and a further 2 acres paddock and stream. Parking for 3 cars.
The lodge and grounds are grade II listed, it was built in Queen Victoria’s Jubilee year of 1897, by Andrew Smith (A wealthy Edinburgh brewery owner) and his wife, for his gamekeeper and family as part of the 13,000 acre Ellemford estate. Whitchester Gamekeeper Lodge offers a homely, warm Scottish welcome. Grand scrolled iron gates with oversized stone pineapples greeting you at the entrance, leading to the unusual period house with mullioned windows, wood floors, lots of original quirky features and sash windows. Internally the house has been furnished with luxury traditional features. Long drapes frame the windows, the blinds throughout were handmade on the Isle of Lewis in Harris Tweed. A Thompson tartan bedroom with a feature log burner is located on the ground floor, artwork and wall-hangings in the property reflect the house and location in this beautiful part of the Lammermuir Hills.
Please note there is no mobile signal at this property. Children 0-6 months and over 6 years are accepted. Up to 2, well trained and behaved dogs allowed. This property has a refundable good housekeeping bond of £125.00
Entrance – 1 step front door, 1 step dining room door, 1 step down from patio and 1 step into Boot/Utility room.
Downstairs – Tiled floors in dining room, kitchen, boot room, WC and pantry. Wood floors in lounge, hallway and downstairs bedroom. 16 carpeted steps to upstairs living room.
Upstairs – 2 steps from landing to both carpeted bedrooms and shower room which has a wooden floor
Outside – 2 steps from patio to garden, split level patio area and garden laid mostly to lawn.